Wednesday 2 September 2009

First Dose of Critisism.

I just read a rather less than encouraging comment about my script. The author wasn't being particularly nasty or anything, but did severely criticise it, saying it wasn't worthy of even an honorary mention, let alone winning.

I felt really horrible when I read it and it really brought me down from an otherwise really happy time. However, it did start me thinking that this is another aspect of this whole writing thing that I realised I hadn't actually been prepared for.

I have long been prepared for rejection and having work returned, but to be honest, I hadn't really thought about people outwardly criticising what I've done.

I realise that it's all an important part of the job as it were, and although I personally would never speak ill of anyone's work, I guess it's just something that everyone who embarks on this sort of career just has to accept and deal with.

Not easy though.... it's obviously something I'm going to have to work on :)

Gosh! I feel like a proper writer now!

No comments: